Cold Sores or Fever Blisters are usually due to a virus called Herpes Simplex. The virus creates swelling and collection of fluid which leads to the blister or vesicle. When the contents of this blister are released, the cold sore is most infectious and other people can then contract the virus from exposure to the fluid contents of the blister.
The virus itself remains dormant in the nerves supplying the area, and there are many factors that can render the virus active, often this occurs in times of stress or lack of sleep when the natural immunity of the body is at it’s lowest.
With the infectiousness of cold sores in mind, the main goal is to relieve the pain and itching, and restore the skin back to normal as soon as possible without irritating or damaging it.
Treatment of Cold Sores
To ease the discomfort of a cold sore:
- Try other cold sore remedies. Some over-the-counter preparations contain a drying agent, such as alcohol, that may speed healing.
- Use lip balms and cream. Protect your lips from the sun with a zinc oxide cream or lip balm with sunblock. If your lips become dry, apply a moisturizing cream.
- Apply a cool compress. A cool, damp cloth may reduce redness, help remove crusting and promote healing.
- Apply pain-relieving creams. Over-the-counter creams may offer some pain relief.
- Reduce Stress. If your cold sores are triggered by stress, you might want to try relaxation techniques, such as deep-breathing exercises and meditation. Also make sure you are getting enough sleep, recommended between 7-9 hours/day.
SKLEER All in One Skin Corrective contains Eucalyptus Oil a well-known anti-inflammatory that is perfect for cold sores. The combination of essential oils in SKLEER: Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Caraway, Cinnamon and Cardamom work synergistically. The proprietary gel formula takes the potent essential oils deep into the skin to optimise healing. The therapeutic power of SKLEER lies in the fact that the gel takes the natural ingredients to the lower levels of the skin for enhanced penetration and effectiveness.
For itchy skin, the oil of eucalyptus is both anti-inflammatory and a natural antiseptic, it is also a highly effective soothing agent for the skin. Caraway oil neutralises the effects of histamine and as such can be very helpful in dissolving skin rashes. The SKLEER All in One Skin Corrective Gel forms a protective layer on the skin to help lock moisture in and hence creates a perfect environment for healing.
SKLEER contains no parabens, no harmful preservatives, no lanolin, no hydroquinone, no corticosteroids and is not tested on animals. The all natural formula is ideal for even the most sensitive of skins, all age groups and is suitable for babies and toddlers. Thanks to the unique patent pending formulation SKLEER All in One Skin Corrective is non-greasy.
For cold sores apply to the affected area at least 3 times a day.
Our customers have found that SKLEER All in One Skin Corrective Gel not only gives relief to the itch but it calms the skin and reduces the redness in many cases quickly dissolving cold sores.